Application Parallel Testing on z/OS
Easily spin up containerized app testing environments for z/OS
The Infotel Application Environment for Parallel Testing (APT) solution automates infrastructure preparation processes for testing, enables the reprocessing of a given test, and also enables the creation and execution of isolated test scenarios using Db2, VSAM and Sequential databases, all in a single LPAR. Testing environments can be created both as batch and online transactions (CICS and IMS / DC). By registering the components of the system to be tested, APT allows the user to obtain their own isolated test environment with cloned components, and then test multiple tracks simultaneously that meet the specific requirements of the software development method.
Infotel APT is designed to provide the appropriate technology for the adoption of Agile processes associated with DevOps where, in an automated fashion, the creation of isolated test tracks provides the speed, security and adherence necessary to quickly spin up software application test environments. In order to meet multiple parallel projects running concurrently and without conflict, APT standardizes the processes of testing programs and systems, transforming the collection of test plans into a company asset built to handle the speed of DevOps requirements.
- Greater uniformity of tests
- Greater agility in maintaining programs
- Greater control over what has been tested versus what has not
- Minimizes efforts to generate application test conditions
- Easier to perform regression tests, preventing errors already solved from returning
- Retains the intelligence applied in generating application testing conditions
- Prevents “old errors” from returning due to application maintenance
- Test parallelism through isolation in the same LPAR in z/OS environment, without interference
- Optimized cloning of components (use only what you need for the test)
- Plans, Automates, and Certifies the integration of tests and their automated reapplication (concept: create-use-re-run) through isolated environments – END-TO-END test environment management
- Indirectly, through the establishment of testing practices, it allows for continuous improvements in performance and availability
Datasheet: Application Parallel Testing
Application development testing for accelerated development across Agile and DevOps methods.
The Bottom Line
- Greater application integrity within DevOps methodologies
- Faster time to application production dates
- Save man-hours through automated test environment creation
- Achieve a lower cost of ownership through process automation (minimize application rework)
- Fund other areas of your IT budget with cost savings